About Design Pickle
Design Pickle is committed to one singular vision: Change lives through creativity.
Founded in January 2015, the company has helped thousands of individuals change their own lives with their signature flat-rate and unlimited graphic design service. A true disruptor in the industry, Design Pickle is the #1 service in the world of its kind.
As DP looks ahead this year, the name of the game is growth. The team is pushing forward with multiple strategies ranging from weekly training, multiple original podcast series, and even our first live event in 2018.
We are looking for an inspired and hard-working individual to join our fast growing team. Here you can make a lasting impression in the world of creative communication. This isn’t some bullshit statement either. Ask anyone on our team and they can directly trace their efforts to the huge impact on our client’s lives.
To dive deeper, Google russ perry podcast and you’ll find plenty of results sharing our story and the story of our Founder.
- Headquartered in North Scottsdale, Arizona
- 130+ team members around the globe
- 1,700 active clients
- A diverse and socially aware organization
- We genuinely love pickles
We’re looking for a senior Ruby on Rails Full-Stack developer who wants to focus on shipping software that matters to our users and Design Pickle. This developer will be working on Design Pickle’s request submission software – JAR, as well as JarHQ – an application that helps productized service businesses run their production operations.
Resumes do not tell the whole story and while exact previous experience is very helpful, the willingness and desire to step into the hot core of a fast-growing organization that is changing an industry will take you much further.
Ultimately, success at Design Pickle comes down to your habits and DNA.
- Contributing to the development of Design Pickle’s internal and external applications
- Rapidly iterating as we push ahead with new development while maintaining and improving the current systems
- Writing, executing, and documenting tests
- Communicating with the team
- You’re based in the United States
- You have 5+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience
- You have a track record of getting things done
- You have experience building and maintaining high volume, consumer-facing websites — bonus points if you’ve worked on subscription-based sites
- You are comfortable working independently and as a part of a small team
- Have a breadth of technical knowledge and use that knowledge to contribute to the direction of our technical environment and development processes
- You are open to mentoring junior developers
- You have a keen ability to point out areas of improvement and recommend and implement appropriate solutions
- You have experience working in a remote environment
- You must have a reliable development environment including high-speed Internet access
- You have an unmatched attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills — a lot of our average everyday communication is via Slack
Tools We Use:
- Ruby on Rails (version 5)
Benefits and Perks
- Full-time, competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Conference & training reimbursements
- Open vacation policy
- Paid health insurance & benefits
- Team retreats & events
- Free pickles
Our mission is to be the most helpful design company in the world. Our core values are Friendly, Smart-Working, Truth, Service.
With all of that said, we tackle each day with ample freedom and personal responsibility. Only apply if you’re ready for one of the most unique and demanding jobs out there.
APPLY NOW, FUTURE PICKLE